GRAND BAY, Ala. (WKRG) — As temperatures drop here on the Gulf Coast, many may be turning on their heaters for the first time.
Grand Bay Fire responded to a call of a fire at a commercial building on fire in Grand Bay Wednesday night, according to a tweet from the department.
The Chevron gas station located on Highway 90 and Ramsey Road reportedly has smoke and flames visible, the tweet said.
When Grand Bay Fire units arrived, on the scene, there was nothing visible from the exterior of the business, but there was heavy smoke visible inside.
According to the fire department, the source of the smoke was from turning on the heater for the first time.
There was no fire at the location.