There’s a crazy college football fan inside all of us, and now Facebook allows you to show it ahead of the Iron Bowl.
Facebook has camera filters that use your phone’s front-facing camera to transform you into a face-painted Alabama or Auburn fan. Using facial mapping, if you open your mouth, the words “ROLL TIDE” or “WAR EAGLE” will be displayed around your face.
Here’s how you unlock the Crimson Tide or Tigers face filters:
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Swipe right for the Facebook Camera (and use the front-facing camera pointing towards your face).
- In the bottom-left corner of the screen, turn on Effects.
- Scroll through the effects on the bottom of your screen, looking for the Alabama or Auburn logo. If they do not appear, click the Location-Based Effects button, which appears as a pin with a plus-symbol.
- Point the front-facing camera towards your face, and open your mouth to activate either “ROLL TIDE” or “WAR EAGLE.” You can take a picture or video with the filters.
The filters are sponsored by Nissan.