4-Year-Old Chokes to Death on Meatball at School

UPDATE (9/27): The district Deputy Superintendent says each building has individuals trained in CPR, the Heimlich, along with automated external defibrillators.

When News 5 asked if trained staff were on duty when Audi Anderson choked, the Deputy Superintendent said he could not provide further comment on the situation out of respect for the family.

Anderson’s mother Lindsay Hall says all teachers, faculty, and staff members should be CPR certified and trained in the Heimlich.

She says her son was a special needs student and no one saw him choking until he was unconscious.


PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A Pensacola mother says her 4-year-old son has died days after choking on a meatball at Sherwood Elementary School.

Lindsay Hall says her son Audi Anderson was a special needs student and nobody saw him choking until he was unconscious.

Hall says her son was on a ventilator from September 19th until his death on September 23rd.

A lawyer for the family says everything is still under investigation, and they’re still reviewing tapes from the incident.

Superintendent for Escambia County Schools Malcolm Thomas told News 5, “We don’t make any statements specific to students. The district is not going to make any comment at all.”

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s