Carbon Monoxide leak may have sickened 11 at Fargo hotel

FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Authorities say defective boiler may have caused an apparent carbon monoxide leak at a Fargo hotel that sent a child to the hospital and sickened others.

WDAY-TV reports the 9-year-old girl was sickened in the pool area Monday at the La Quinta Inn and Suites. Police say at least 10 others also felt sick and sought treatment on their own.

Fire officials say the level of carbon monoxide in the pool area was 300 parts per million. Firefighter usually wear protective masks when the level reaches 100 parts per million.

Nearby rooms at La Quinta were unoccupied, so no evacuation was necessary.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s