DETROIT (AP) – A New Jersey-based food company is recalling Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, waffles and French toast because they might be contaminated with Listeria. The products were sold across the U.S.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. said Friday it initiated the recall when testing indicated the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the plant environment. No illnesses have been reported.
Pinnacle Foods says it’s working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on the recall, which applies only to frozen products with “Best By” dates, not dry mixes or syrups.
The following products are included in this recall:
• Aunt Jemima Lil Griddlers Blueberry, 14.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Mini Pancakes, 14.5oz
• Aunt Jemima French Toast, 12.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Cinnamon French Toast, 12.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Whole Grain French Toast, 12.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake Low-Fat, 14.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Homestyle Waffle, 17.18oz
• Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Waffle, 17.18oz
• Aunt Jemima Blueberry Waffle, 17.18oz
• Aunt Jemima Low-Fat Waffle, 17.18oz
• Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancake, 14.8oz
• Aunt Jemima Oatmeal Pancake, 14.8oz
• Aunt Jemima Whoel Grain Pancake, 14.5oz
• Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake, 14.8oz
• Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancake, 14.8oz
• Aunt Jemima 60 Count Club Pancakes Premium
• Aunt Jemima Pancake Mexico – 60 Count
Two additional items are being recalled in conjunction with the United State Department of Agriculture:
• Aunt Jemima French Toast & Sausage, 5.5oz
• Hungry Man Selects Chicken & Waffles, 8/16oz
Listeria monocytogenes can cause fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and people with weakened immune systems. Healthy people can suffer fevers and diarrhea. Pregnant women can suffer miscarriages and stillbirths.
Distributors and retailers are being notified so they can remove products from U.S. and Mexican store shelves.
Consumers should not consume these products. Affected product may be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Pinnacle Foods at 1-888-299-7646.