MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – A 90-year-old woman was hospitalized Thursday morning after being bitten by a venomous snake in Mobile.
The woman was bitten by the snake when she was leaving her home. What she thought was a leaf on her garage floor, turned out to be a small venomous snake that in turn bite her. It was a cottonmouth.
She stomped the snake and put it in a jar. She then brought it to her friends at the Arts and Crafts Club at Hollinger’s Island Baptist Church. They called 911 for some more information.
According to a spokesperson, crews from Mobile Fire Rescue responded to the church and found the snake to be venomous. After that, the woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
The woman was in good spirits and didn’t think much of this incident. She has since been released from the hospital and is expected to be ok.