The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency confirmed four fatalities, more than 50 injuries and 480 homes damaged due to severe weather. The National Weather Service confirmed an EF-3 tornado touched down in portions of Lamar, Forrest and Perry counties on Saturday.
· Forrest County – 4 deaths; 56 injuries: 428 homes damaged; assessments are still ongoing throughout the county. Multiple roads are still closed due to debris.
· Lamar County – 30 homes damaged; multiple roads closed due to debris and flooding.
· Lauderdale County – One injury; 12 homes damaged.
· Perry County – One injury; 10 homes damaged; one road closed due to debris and flooding.
· Pike – Two homes damaged; one road closed.
· Wilkinson – Three homes damaged.
An estimated 7,600 residents are without power statewide.
There are shelters open in the affected counties.
Forrest County 361 Saferoom/Shelter
– 79 occupants reported; MS Department of Health has a crisis team on site to assist with any potential needs.
Petal Civic Center
– 12 occupants reported