Daphne Family Loses Everything In Fire

Apartment Fire
Mike Franklin and his family lost everything.

DAPHNE, AL- Mike Franklin was in the shower when one of this sisters screamed for help.

A grease fire had flared up in the kitchen and within minutes, flames were spreading up the walls and across the ceiling.

Mike, a sophomore running back for the Daphne Trojans, threw on some clothes, got his twin sisters out of the burning apartment and called 911.

Ashley Prim, the children’s mother, was out running errands when the fire started.

Since the fire, friends, neighbors, teachers, coaches and Mike’s teammates have brought the family food, clothes, dishes and furniture.

Coaches have set up a Go Fund me account:

http://www.gofundme.com/2gnrc5g

Donations are also being accepted at a Car Wash event tomorrow (Saturday):

CAR WASH AND STADIUM CLEAN UP DAY AT JUBILEE STADIUM

7:30-10:00AM

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s