It’s 38 days until college football kicks off! And in preparation two universities in Alabama are making big changes to their policies on what fans can bring in to their stadiums.
The University of Alabama and Auburn University both say the changes are necessary in the interest of public safety and to make it quicker to get in to the stadiums. Their policies are similar.
Here’s what you can bring into Bryant-Denny and Jordan-Hare this year.
- One bag (per person) that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC with size restrictions of 12″ by 6″ by 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic Ziploc-type bag (one per person)
- A small clutch purse or wallet that is no larger than 4.5″ by 6.5″
- Binoculars, cameras, and smartphones without large cases.
Here’s what you can’t bring in starting this year:
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks, large purses, or any other bag that is not clear
- More than one large clear bag
Click the links below for more information about each university’s policy.