On April 30, 2016, the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office will participate with DEA’S “PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE-BACK EFFORT. The following locations are participating:
- Walgreens – 6396 Airport Blvd
- Walgreens – 3948 Airport Blvd
- Walgreens – 5705 Cottage Hill Road
- CVS – 2550 Dauphin Street
- CVS – 44523 Old Shell Road
- CVS – 7101 Cottage Hill Road
- Costco – Tingle Circle
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office and Mobile United started their own safe drug drop-off program called, “Operation Medicine Cabinet.” This program was first introduced in 2010.
“We wanted to give our community a “safe” place to dispose of their unwanted prescription drugs,” said Sheriff Sam Cochran.
“We know that prescription and over the counter medications are fast becoming a dangerous part of teenage gatherings and we felt we needed to provide a way for people to dispose of their unwanted prescription drugs year-round, not just once a year.”
Operation Medicine Cabinet now located at three locations:
- MCSO Southside, 5808 Highway 90 – OPEN 24 HRS
- MCSO Northside, 10121 Moffett Road – OPEN 8 TO 5
- MCSO Administration, 510 S Royal – OPEN 8 TO 5
OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET IS FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL FACILITY.
For more information go to http://www.mobileso.com