· 1 pound large Florida pink shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tail on
· 2 tablespoons seafood boil seasoning
· 2 Florida pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
· 3 Florida tangelos, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
· 3 Florida tangerines, peeled and segmented, seeds removed
· 1 Florida sweet pepper, diced
· 1 red onion, diced
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 3 limes, juiced
· ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 large Florida avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
· Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
· 1 bag plantain chips or tortilla chips
1. Fill a medium-sized sauce pot 3/4 the way with water, and heat over medium-high.
2. Add the seafood seasoning to the boiling pot of water.
3. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until completely done.
4. As soon as the shrimp are done, plunge them into an ice water bath to stop the cooking and cool them off.
5. When the shrimp are completely cool, strain them and put them into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
6. Add the citrus, sweet pepper, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and avocado.
7. Season the ingredients to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Stir to combine ingredients.
9. Serve ceviche with chips.