DISCLAIMER: SEXUALLY EXPLICIT DETAILS BELOW
News 5 has obtained the arrest warrant for a former Hankins Middle School teacher accused of stalking one of his students.
As we reported in February, 8th grade science teacher Jeremiah Hunter was arrested for second-degree stalking, with the victim being one of his teenage students. News 5 was told by authorities that a picture of the teenage victim was found next to Hunter’s bed. The victim’s photo was also said to be Hunter’s screensaver on his iPhone.
According to the arrest warrant obtained by News 5, Hunter’s crimes go far beyond stalking the male victim he was allegedly obsessed with. Hunter now faces the federal charge of receipt of child pornography, punishable by up to 20-years in prison.
WARNING: SOME MIGHT FIND THE FOLLOWING DETAILS DISTURBING
In the arrest warrant, evidence gathered from Hunter’s iPhone shows that he was receiving text messages containing nude photos of male students at Hankins Middle School and Theodore High School. Many of these nude photos were allegedly sent to Hunter by another student, a 13-year-old 8th grader listed in the warrant as CHILD #1.
- CHILD #1 (13 y/o male, 8th grader at Hankins): Hunter communicated with CHILD #1 to receive nude pictures of other students at Hankins Middle School and Theodore High School. CHILD #1 sent Hunter pictures of erect penises purportedly of CHILD #2, CHILD #3, and CHILD #4.
- CHILD #2 (male, 7th grader at Hankins): Picture of CHILD #2’s erect penis was sent from CHILD #1 to Hunter by text message.
- CHILD #3 (14 y/o male, 8th grader at Hankins): Picture of a hand holding CHILD #3’s erect penis sent from CHILD #1 to Hunter by text message. Pictures of CHILD #3 shirtless and wearing Underarmour underwear while grabbing his genitalia and later his erect penis sent from CHILD #1 to Hunter by text message.
- CHILD #4 (14 y/o male, 9th grader at Theodore High): Picture of CHILD #4 holding his erect penis in a bathtub sent from CHILD #1 to Hunter by text message.
- CHILD #5 (14 y/o male, 9th grader at Theodore High): Hunter asks CHILD #1 to specifically get pictures of CHILD #5 by text message.
- CHILD #6 (male, 9th grader at Theodore High): Hunter tells CHILD #1 that he has video of CHILD #6 masturbating.
- CHILD #7 (8th grader at Hankins): Text messages took place between Hunter and CHILD #7. Hunter tells CHILD #7 that he is not texting him because CHILD #7’s mother probably reads his texts.
After the search warrant was executed and digital evidence was obtained, Hunter confessed to much of the above activity, including text conversations with CHILD #1 and CHILD #7. Authorities showed Hunter printouts of the ten pictures sent to him by CHILD #1 on January 13, 2016. Hunter is said to have recognized the photos and identified CHILD #2, CHILD #4 and CHILD #7. Hunter also admitted to receiving the video showing CHILD #6 masturbating.
In an interview conducted by the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office on February 26, the father of CHILD #3 identified his son in the pictures as CHILD #3. Inside the home, photos of the bathroom matched the background seen in the photos of CHILD #3.
In addition to the exchange of nude photos, the arrest warrant uncovered new details about Hunter’s obsessive stalking of his teenage victim, who is a 16-year-old former student of Hunter’s now attending Theodore High School. After an iPhone and iPad were taken during the executed search warrant, Hunter cooperated with authorities and provided the passcodes to both devices. The passcode, for each device, was the 6-digit and 4-digit birthdate of the teenage victim.
Additional charges are possible in this case as the investigation continues. Hunter faces two state charges in addition to the most recent federal charge of receipt of child pornography, which could put him in federal prison for up to 20-years.
Hunter is currently in Mobile Metro Jail. The former teacher, who was also the school’s cheerleading coach, had bonded out but was re-arrested for allegedly tampering with evidence.