New rules for fans when it comes to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta where the Florida Gators face the Alabama Crimson Tide. The game will be Saturday at 3:00 p.m.(CST) inside the Georgia Dome. Extra security measures will be in place for the game and for SEC FanFare events at the Georgia World Congress Center. Fans attending will be asked to carry clear bags or small clutch purses. Here are the rules released by the SEC Football Championship Game organizers:
Bags must satisfy the guidelines below in order to be taken into SEC FanFare and the Georgia Dome:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 18″ x 6″ x 18″
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
• Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size (18″ x 6″ x 18″).
Items that are typically carried in diaper or baby bags must be carried in a clear bag that meets the standards of the bag policy.
For those fans that arrive at the championship game or SEC FanFare with impermissible bags, Bag Exchange Stations will be located outside the Georgia Dome and World Congress Center where fans can leave impermissible bags and in exchange receive a permissible clear bag to use in SEC FanFare and/or the championship game. Fans may retrieve their impermissible bags from the Bag Exchange Station upon departure.
Bag Exchange Stations will be found in the following locations:
• International Plaza on East end of the Georgia Dome
• Outside North entrance of Building C of the World Congress Center
• Outside South entrance of Building C of the World Congress Center
• Lobby inside Building B of the World Congress Center
Strollers will not be permitted inside the Georgia Dome or World Congress Center but may be left at Bag Exchange Stations for pickup after the events.
Fans may still bring items such as binoculars and cameras, provided they are not in cases, as well as smart phones into SEC FanFare and the Georgia Dome.
Gates for the game on Saturday will open at 1:30 p.m., which is 30 minutes earlier than usual. The earlier time is to help implement faster security checks. Fans will notice more law enforcement officers and K-9 units patrolling inside and outside the Georgia Dome.