3TB Vegetable oil
2lb smoked Sausage (cut bite-sized)
2 lb raw medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
4 cups cut onion and bell pepper
1 lg can diced tomatoes
2 TB Cajun Seasoning
2 TB chicken Base
3 qts water
4 cups Quaker Instant grits
- Heat Large stock pot to med. High heat.
- Add oil, onions, peppers, sausage. Stir constantly until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Stir in.
- Add water and chicken base and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil let it roll for 3-5 min.
- Slowly whisk in grits and lower heat to simmer stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir and add the Shrimp
- Fold the shrimp in and stir until thick
- Let stand for about 5 min
Then serve. Serves about15-20pp.