For the Cornbread:
1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
1/2 cup All purpose flour
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 ea Egg
5 Tbsp Butter, melted
3/4 cup Milk
• Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees
• In a mixing bowl combine the first five ingredients.
• In a separate bowl mix the egg, melted butter and milk
• Combine the two mixtures well and pour in to a well greased
9” cake pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
Remove from oven, cool, break into pieces and place in a 9” casserole dish
To finish the stuffing:
4 ea Chicken leg quarters
1 stick Butter, unsalted
1 can White Corn
1/2 cup Onion, small dice
1/2 cup Celery, small dice
1/2 cup Red pepper, small diced
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Sage, chopped
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/4 cup Scallion, sliced
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
1 pt Oysters, shucked liquor reserved
4 cup Water
• To begin sear the chicken legs in a large sauté pan and set aside.
• In a medium stock pot sauté the onion, garlic, celery, red pepper in butter until tender.
• Add the corn, basil thyme. Saute a moment longer.
• Add the water and reserved oyster liquor and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken legs back to the pot and slow cook until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
• Remove the chicken legs, cool and remove the meat, discarding the bones.
• Place the diced chicken over the cornbread from the above recipe. Cover with the vegetables from the stock, 2 1/2 cups of the stock and the oysters. Sprinkle with Scallion and parsley. Combine and place back in the casserole. and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 15 to 20 min.